04 March 2012

Saturday

I had lunch with a friend yesterday. We had not been out together in quite some time. It is something to have a friend that you can always pick up where you left off with, despite time or distance. We had lunch together at a local fundraising event and then went for coffee. She knows that I'm going to get a plain old cup'o'coffee and I know she is going to choose an exotic soup from the lunch choice. It is good to have a friend that you don't have to explain a lot of things too. We have a lot of similarities, and also enough differences to keep our relationship rich and varied. She is someone I can throw out the name of a rare disease to and she will know of it. I had put my camera in my bag on the way out, intending to get a picture of the two of us together. We have so few, and the days so short. But I forgot. I always forget.

No comments: